Thursday, December 17, 2015

Kingpin: Book 2 (Cartel) ~ Lili St. Germain




They say love conquers all.

It's a lie.


Five days a week, I dressed in smart business clothes. I painted my face, and went to work as an accountant. But nothing about my life was normal.


For eight years I had been the property of the Gypsy Brothers Motorcycle Club. I laundered their money so well they'd never let me leave. My only glimmer of light was the man I loved. The man who had saved me.


Dornan.


His love had been the only thing that kept the demons at bay. But he'd become so immersed in the cartel's brutal business that I hardly knew him anymore.


Dornan had been my salvation, but he was also my undoing.

Would he pull me down into the darkness until he destroyed me? Could I save him?

Did I even want to?

 photo 4 metalsilver stars_zpsrqr9npjs.png

Oh My God! Kingpin was one crazy, f*$ked up ride.

The story goes back and forth from where we left Dornan and Mariana to eight years later. Mariana and Dornan are still in love, but Dornan is still married and Mariana is still prisoner in her apartment. John, the Prez of the Gypsy Brothers, suspects Mariana is a “prisoner,” but Mariana will not give up any information, in the event it’s a test or could be used against her or her family.

I can’t begin to describe the emotional roller coaster I was on while reading this. Dornan and Mariana’s love is fierce and raw, but she starts to have feelings for John that she’s not sure how to label. John’s wife continues on her vicious cycle and it is now emotionally affecting his daughter. Mariana has received a full time bodyguard, Guillermo, who has now become like a brother to her all the while still working for Emilio, even though her father’s debt was supposed to be paid years ago. And let’s not forget to mention Murphy, who has continued to harass her.

Well all Murphy’s harassing has come to a head and he starts to blackmail Mariana. While Dornan, John and Guillermo suspect something’s going on, Mariana tries to hold it all in…..Until she can’t anymore and takes matters in to her own hands.


I cannot wait to read Empire!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...