Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hopeless Vows ~ Rachael Duncan






It was a modern take on an arranged marriage that was supposed to lead to my happily ever after. The rules were simple: 

1. Marry a complete stranger chosen for you by professionals.
2. Live together as man and wife for eight weeks while cameras record your every move.
3. Make a decision to stay together or get a divorce.

Call me crazy, but I had complete faith in the process, until I saw who was waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

Austin James has never met me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know him. With no other choice, I say my vows and pray I can make it through the next eight weeks. Then I’ll leave. What connects us is my best kept secret, and I’ll protect it at all costs even if that means walking away from the only person I’ve ever cared about.
 




I absolutely loved Hopeless Vows!! Bravo Rachael Duncan!! She was able to take this fast growing concept of reality TV and enter a new twist…. “First Comes Marriage.” Such a different concept and great idea!

I had insta-love for Austin and Jillian. They are such a sweet couple and diving in to a social experiment like this could not have been easy. I mean, there is so much angst that goes in to planning a wedding anyway, imagine not know who you were marrying! Crazy, I know, but these two pulled it off and their chemistry could be felt instantly. Even though Austin was all in from the on-set, it took Jillian some time to let her guard down. Most women do not meet a man like Austin in their lifetime, so for Jillian to be paired with him…..Jackpot!!!


Through their own secrets and insecurities, which every couple has, they were able to grow strong. That is until this explosive twist comes into play (Darn you Rachael!!!), along with some nasty people that I still want to punch in the throat. I was a mess and had to close the door to my office to finish reading to find out what happens. (Sorry, work, but I was sucked in and needed to cry in peace.) Completely hit me in the feels!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...