Sunday, July 17, 2016

First and Last ~ Rachael Duncan




 Mia’s my best friend.

We’ve been inseparable since she moved next door when we were six years old. Then it all changed.

I don’t know when or why, but suddenly I want more. I wanther. The problem was she didn’t.

At first.


But everything changes when you cross that line between friends and lovers. 


I thought convincing her to give us a chance would be my biggest hurdle. Little did I know that was only the beginning. 

Mia consumes all of my thoughts when we’re apart, and all of my senses when we’re together. There’s no going back to the way things were and I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure she isn’t just my first, but also my last.


Will we be able to hold on, or will our relationship go up in flames?


 photo 4 meatalgold stars_zps2opv1s4d.png

First of all, I absolutely love this cover!! Holy Hotness!! 

I really liked First and Last!! My heart broke a couple of times there, but thankfully Rachael put it back together. 

This story is told completely from Blake’s point of view. I was surprised it was all from the male’s perspective, but I think Rachael did a great job writing him. He was definitely one of those book boyfriends you want to hold on to. A little sappy, yes, but a definite lover. Did he make mistakes? Absolutely, but he always did so with good intentions. He did everything for Mia.

Mia was kind of like the dude in this relationship. She was very hesitant to get in to the relationship with Blake since they were best friends since being kids. At the same time, she was all in when they did start dating. She was a great heroine, super sweet, beautiful and smart. These two were meant for each other, which made some of Blake’s decisions give me heart burn.

The twists and flashbacks kept me teary-eyed. The story was not how I was expecting it to be told and without giving too much away, the ending, just ahhh. Then the epilogue in Mia’s perspective….GAH!! Get your box of tissues!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...