Thursday, December 15, 2016

Road to Nowhere: The Good Ol’ Boys Spin-Off ~ M. Robinson

 




 photo Synopsis_zpshy1vcpnk.png
I once read that every warrior hoped an honorable death would find him. I always went looking for mine, but not even the Reaper wanted me.

I was trained to kill. I was trained to not ask why. To take orders and just march in line. Hooah motherfucker. 

Life or death.

Ride or die.

And I’m not only talking about the military. I’m talking about the life that led me on the road to nowhere.
My life.
I fought for my brothers. 
I fought for my family. 
I fought for my country. 
And I fought for her…

Never realizing I might die for them too. 


 photo Review_zpseibjxw6t.png  photo silver 4.5 stars_zpschgwimf2.png

I love M’s writing. It took me a minute to really dive in to Road to nowhere, because, well, life happens. But here I am kicking myself for waiting so long. Who really needs sleep anyway? Road to Nowhere is another great addition to M’s work. Its gritty, raw and angsty...exactly what we come to expect from our girl.

Creed! Gah, Creed! He made me so mad with his assholey (yes that is a word) ways but I loved him anyway. He’s sexy, but he’s also lost. His emotions have been stripped from him and I absolutely hate, hate his father. The pressure and demands that his father put on him broke him at an early age and just made him a shell of a man. Couple that with two other tragedies in his life and I wasn’t sure if he would come back from that.

Mia f*$&ing Ryder changed that for him. Creed didn’t realize that at first and it hit him hard after it was possibly too late. All Mia wanted was to be a normal teenager. Go to parties, date or have a boyfriend. With her dad and uncles, that was not happening. She was sheltered and just waiting to break out.

Mia’s crush on Creed may have started as a crush, but it developed in to so much more, but that was all crushed when she decided to be that normal teenager. When she thought it was time men saw her as a woman, when Creed always treated her as more than a kid. All the while this was happening, she only thought of Creed. That’s when I realized just how deep and in love she was with him. 

Their relationship was rocky, but you could feel how much they cared about each other. I thought the drama and angst would surely destroy them. The family relationship was something unconventional and definitely a new dynamic. I wasn’t sure how they would get past that.


And then, there was the Cliffy…Why, M? Why?!? I know you said we won’t have to wait long but I don’t want to wait. I want it now. Ugh!! Here I sit twiddling my thumbs.


 photo 10718861_zpsjaivivar.gif

 photo SamanthaBlackBoard_zps48a3e952.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...