Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Signed ~ Marni Mann



A one-night stand with James Ryne, the hottest actress in LA, was a night I’d never forget… 

James: I can’t stop thinking about you.
Brett: I didn’t know America’s sweetheart was such a dirty girl.
James: It gets better.
Brett: You’re too young for me.
James: Eighteen’s the age of consent.
Brett: The things I want to do to you right now…
James: Are you ever going to tell me who you really are?
Brett: The best you’ve ever had. That’s all you need to know.
James: When are you coming back to LA?
Brett: Next week—and you’d better not be wearing panties.
Brett: What the hell did I just watch?
James: Oh my God, Brett! It’s going viral!
James: My life is ruined. My career. My reputation.
James: Are you there?
James: Will you let me explain?
James: Brett?
Brett: Forget everything I said before. Forget us.

I tried to forget her…until she walked into my office, begging to get signed.

 Huge Marni Mann fan here! ::Waves excitedly:: When I saw this book, I realized the cover was not a dark-romance-type cover like the last three books of hers that I have read. Very intrigued, I read the blurb. While I am not usually a fan of the Hollywood/rock-star lifestyle romance, this is Marni, so I gave it a shot. 

Signed did not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The angst had my gut churning and had me on the edge of my seat. The emotion hit me right in the feels. While there is a minor age difference between Brett and James, they were on the same level. 

James's character, while young in age, was older in her emotion and mind set. While she may have done things normal teenagers do, she had a strong work ethic, she had regret and remorse and a general sense of self not many 18 year olds have. She definitely gave Brett a run for his money. 

Brett is super sexy and smoldering between the sheets. But, man, did he piss me off a couple times. While I may have understood his hurt and confusion, his reaction to said hurt had me wanting to slap him through the kindle. That being said, he did try to redeem himself and he managed to work back in to my good graces. 

I loved everything about this book and the characters. It was well written and kept me glued to the pages. Brett and James won me over and made me realize, not all Hollywood romances are the same. I was so happy to be proved wrong. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...