Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Contracted by Marni Mann




Years ago, I was burned by a woman.
I forgave, but I haven’t forgotten, and it’s a road I’ll never go down again.
My career has become my life instead. I’m Max Graham, the biggest music agent in the business. Women love me, but I don’t do love anymore. I’ve found another way to meet my needs.
Eve Kennedy—stylist to the stars and total bombshell. By far, she’s the most daring woman I’ve ever had in my bed with a sexual appetite as ferocious as mine.
We might just have the hottest sex life in Miami and LA.
We don’t date anyone else—although, sometimes, we invite someone for a night. We travel the world, and I lavish her with gifts. But she knows my career comes first.
And the best part? For the past two years, she’s been happy with our arrangement.
Or so I thought.
I’ve survived heartbreak once before, but this one could be the end of me.




Eve and Max were HOT right from the start. Their chemistry was off the charts and they sizzled. For two years everything was great and status quo, but the illusive word of "more" came up which threw their relationship for a loop. 

Max, having been burned before, didn't want to admit how much Eve meant to him. Everyone around him could see it, even Eve could, yet Max couldn't admit it to himself. He was stubborn and regimented. There was no need to deviate from his norm because it was working. At least until it wasn't for Eve any more. 

Eve is a strong and independent women. But even those types of women want to be needed and feel wanted. Gifts and material things are nice, but the emotional connection and commitment is so much more to her. Not being able to express their love verbally or have a definitive direction of their relationship was hard on her. She wanted "more". 

I liked the push and pull, the "will he or wont he admit his feelings" angst. At times, though, I wanted to smack Max for being so oblivious to what was right in his face. Max needed to say something before he lost Eve forever. I won't say what happened, just that the last half of this book kept me on the edge willing for Max to pull his head out of his butt. I was very proud of Eve and the way she handled herself. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...