Monday, November 30, 2015

Forbid Me (The Good Ol' Boys #2) ~ M. Robinson




It was only a matter of time until the truth came out. 
I never thought it would come to this… 
I tried, God knows I tried to stay away from her but eventually I crossed that line and broke that trust. I could no longer go back and I sure as fuck didn’t regret a single moment of it. I knew there would be hell to pay, I knew the wrath I’d be facing but I would willingly take the burns and scars just to have the love of my best friend's sister. 
If there is one person I’d willingly go to hell and back for it was… 

Lillian Ryder

Standalone within a series. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Strong language and sexual content, not intended for readers under 18.



I absolutely loved Forbid Me! Dare I say, I loved it more than Complicate Me?! I know you are all saying “for shame,” but I could not get enough of Jacob! Yes, both are 5 star reviews to me, but Forbid Me would be a 5++.

While Forbid Me can be read as a standalone, I’m happy I read Complicate Me before hand. Major props to M for being able to reference things that happened in Complicate Me, without taking up space in this story to recap it all. It drives me crazy when authors do that just to stretch out a book. M’s characters are well developed and her writing gets you sucked right in to the story. I also completely love the now and then theme going on thorough out the book. The fact that there was drama (the forbidden best friend’s baby sister and 7 year age difference) it was not “in your face” craziness, which made it more enjoyable for me. I didn’t have to hear about the details of them sleeping with other people, which we know happens, but it wasn’t thrown in their faces. That would have hurt my heart as I’m sure it would have theirs. Make sense?  

While Jacob and Lily started off as young and immature, we were able to see them grow up and feel their connection through the pages. There were many emotional times where I wanted to smack some sense in to those two. (Granted, not as much as Lucas and Alex though). As stubborn as Lily was, I’m also proud of her for standing her ground and not jumping in too soon. On the other hand, yes, Jacob screwed up, but he worked really hard to earn her trust and love back. This could have been avoided had he told Lily what happened those years ago, but his own personal hurt and embarrassment held him back.

Lily’s connection to her mom gutted me. This was something that hit really close to home for me. Watching someone you love suffer and being completely helpless, trying to get in every last moment you can and then still not being sure if you said all the things you wanted to say, just… well it fucking blows. It eats away at you and couple that with the struggles that she had with Jacob…no wonder Lily had her walls up.

That being said, I’m glad Jacob didn’t give up. Actually, I was kind of cheering that he had to work hard since he gave Half-Pint and Lucas such a hard time about their relationship. He didn’t run and didn’t let Lily run, either. A certain “battery” scene comes to mind. :: giggle:: Once you read the book, you’ll know what I’m talking about. I laughed, cried, made frustrated noises and had to fan myself a couple times due to the hot sex scenes!! You can’t help but fall in love with these two and you can’t help but itch for Dylan and Aubrey’s story next. Well done M, well done. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...