Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Calculated Risk ~ Rachael Duncan





I thought the ring on my finger would do the trick and keep men away. All I wanted was to save my heart from shattering--again. The truth is, I'm not married. The ring was just a ploy--a ploy to keep me safe, protected from pain.

But then Marcus Riley came along with his goofy pick-up lines, and he saw right through the facade. He knew the truth, and he wanted me. God help me, I wanted him too--in so many ways. But love is a risk, a painful, scary risk. One I'm too afraid to take.

Unless...
He's the one risk worth taking.
But it just might come at a price.


I really enjoyed Calculated Risk. Rachael Duncan is a fav of mine, so I didn't even read the blurb before signing up. I wasn't sure what the premise was, but the plot twists and little suspense she threw in with Marcus and Lydia's love story, totally sucked me in. I finished the book in a few days! Her writing was smooth and the story flowed really well.

I will say Lydia’s reservations about not getting hurt again were warranted, but at times I just wanted to smack some sense in to her. All men are not the same and it bothered me a bit that she gave Marcus such a hard time at the beginning. That being said, Marcus worked for her attention and made sure she knew she was special. That sealed my approval for him.

Marcus is a smart and sexy cop. Hello! What’s not to like?! He’s definitely persistent and has a great personality. I loved his quirky pick up lines. He made me giggle a few times. We could tell he was head over heels for Lydia and we could tell he was definitely not like Lydia’s ex. I saw it right away, so I was hoping it wouldn’t take Lydia so long, but I know her last relationship was a disaster.

I loved the other characters in the book too. Lydia’s friends were supportive, but at the same time had to exert some tough love. I cannot wait to see them in their own stories. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...