Monday, January 16, 2017

Egomaniac ~ Vi Keeland



 photo Synopsis black scratch_zpst2tpkl6v.png

The night I met Drew Jagger, he’d just broken into my new Park Avenue office. 
I dialed 9-1-1 before proceeding to attack him with my fancy new Krav Maga skills.
He quickly restrained me, then chuckled, finding my attempted assault amusing. 

Of course, my intruder had to be arrogant.
Only, turned out, he wasn’t an intruder at all. 

Drew was the rightful occupant of my new office.  He’d been on vacation while his posh space was renovated.
Which was how a scammer got away with leasing me office space that wasn’t really available for rent. 
I was swindled out of ten grand.

The next day, after hours at the police station, Drew took pity on me and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.  In exchange for answering his phones while his secretary was out, he’d let me stay until I found a new place.
I probably should have acted grateful and kept my mouth shut when I overheard the advice he was spewing to his clients.  But I couldn’t help giving him a piece of my mind.
I never expected my body to react every time we argued.  Especially when that was all we seemed to be able to do.

The two of us were complete opposites. Drew was a bitter, angry, gorgeous-as-all-hell, destroyer of relationships.  And my job was to help people save their marriages.
The only thing the two of us had in common was the space we were sharing. 
And an attraction that was getting harder to deny by the day. 

 photo Review Black Scratch_zpspsc2gzcp.png

Egomaniac was super fun, sexy, sarcastic and emotional. Drew and Emerie are fun and flirtatious characters you can’t help but love. Their dynamic is hilarious from the start. I love how rude and arrogant Drew is, but still lovable. Emerie is quirky and finds herself in awkward situations. She cracks me up and the spot she has herself in with Drew is an interesting one.
The side of Drew that we don’t see initially breaks my heart. The reason he is so bitter and single-minded to end marriages makes me super angry for him. His belief that relations ships can’t work is just sad. Considering Emerie’s job is to keep marriages together.  Can we say “Irony”?
When Drew lets Emerie stay, she realizes there’s more behind the sexy body and the arrogant attitude. He has a huge heart, that and the fact that they get all feisty when they argue. Talk about super-hot!  These two sizzle, so I was hoping all they could get though all the drama because they fit each other so well.

I always enjoy Vi’s writing. She makes you love the main characters and want to punch their adversaries in the face. The story is easy flowing and I flew through the book quickly. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...