Thursday, June 8, 2017

Whisper Forever ~ C.A. Harms



I wanted to forget him so many times. Erase the memories we shared and pretend he didn’t exist. It would have made his absence easier to accept.

Lucas Rivers broke my heart more than once. 
In my world he was my guy, the one I’d grow old with and laugh with. But things aren’t that simple, and time changes everything.

That naive girl with dreams of happily-ever-afters was gone. 
I didn’t need a man to complete me. I was enough—no, I was more than enough. I was strong and determined. I was Madelyn Emery, and never again would a boy break my heart.

But the moment Lucas returned after four years, acting like we could pick up where we left off, that strength inside me shifted. The more I tried to ignore his efforts, the harder he fought.

How can one simple word whispered by one man mean so very much?

Just another fabulous story from CA Harms. Major #FanGirl right here. I always know her characters are going to be well written and she is going to make them completely relate-able to real life. The issues and scenarios Madelyn and Lucas go through in this story are all relative to real life.

Lucas is that sweet, young boy who lets his high school celebrity get the best of his ego. As any typical young man would do, he relishes in the attention and leaves behind his best-friend, Maddy. With thoughts of bigger and better things outside of their small home town, he continues to break Maddy’s heart.

Maddy is tired of being heartbroken. She’s tired of being the vulnerable girl that Lucas makes her. When he leaves her behind, she vows to not be that little girl any more. I am super proud of the thick skin she grows and the walls she builds. She’s fiercely independent and strong willed...well stubborn really.

Their relationship and connection transcends the time away from each other. As much of a front that Maddy puts up, she’s still in love with Luke, but refuses to put herself out there. Lucas’s guilt is palpable for not seeing Madelyn as more than a friend than before. His own thoughts of not being good enough for her could have contributed to this, but if he ever wants a chance, he has a lot to make up for.

The emotions are high and I found myself rooting for them to work everything out. Their love for each other was strong and all encompassing. Yet, their own insecurities could cause the down fall of whatever friendship they are trying to salvage. Absolutely loved the feels in this book and loved CA’s writing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...