Friday, August 24, 2018

Lost Boy ~ M. Robinson




In a world where I had no say, violence became my refuge, and nothing else mattered. Not even my own life.
Until her.
Skyler Bell.
It all started the first time I heard that voice. Giving me hope for tomorrow. My first love was everything all at once.
Consuming.
Maddening.
Forever.
Mine. 
Except, I never imagined there were secrets that needed to be shared. Lies that needed to be confessed. Truths that needed to be told. Demons that needed to be buried. Once I realized the depth, the longing, the sadness and sorrow in her eyes mirrored mine, it was too late. Love didn't come to me as heartbreak, it came as everything I've ever wanted. Walking away wasn't an option, but it was the only choice I had.

I finally found the price of love and it cost me...

My soul.


 

I don't know how Skyler and Noah could survive this, because I almost didn't. My heart broke over and over. The roller coaster of emotions was almost too much. The angst, heart-break and tragedies were devastating. 

I always liked Noah, but seeing how much Skyler destroyed him, but he chose to keep moving....well he has all my respect. He never had it easy. Everyone was leaving him or choosing something/someone else over him. I don't blame Noah for the decisions he made. Frustrated and screaming at the book because of them, absolutely. But I didn't blame him. I am surprised he remained as stoic as he did. 

Skyler has been misled her whole life. It just breaks my heart to hear all her secrets revealed and what she went through, even as a child. How does someone come back from that? How could she heal? How could her and Noah ever heal from all the tragedy??

I kept pushing because I knew M would pick up the pieces, but as my heart and jaw laid on the floor, it was really hard. I just wanted them to be happy for five minutes before something else tore them to shreds. I was very proud of Noah and Skyler even-though I was frustrated with their decisions. I loved this cover and Noah's place in my hear grew. I'm happy for this Lost Boy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...