Monday, September 17, 2018

Booted (Trails of Sin Book 3)





The night I’m released from prison, she’s in my bed.
It’s been eight years since I touched a woman, and the Native American beauty is half-dressed, beaten, bruised, and devastatingly exquisite.

We’re toxic together, but we want the same things. Blood. Vengeance.
Violent relief in a warm body.

Beneath her touch, I’m alive.
Against her skin, I’m redeemed.
Buried inside her, I forget the past.
Until the past takes her from me.

Prison made me cold, but losing Raina makes me cruel. Ruthless. Unforgiving.
I killed before. For her, I’ll kill again.
I’ll end this once and for all or die in my boots.

TRAILS OF SIN series (HEAs with no cliffhangers - must be read in order):
Knotted #1 - Jake and Conor
Buckled #2 - Jarret and Maybe
Booted #3 - Lorne and Raina

 I'm a huge fan of Pam Godwin's. Her dark romances grip me from the first page and don't let go. There's love, lust, angst, chaos and calm, all rolled in to one amazing package. Booted is the conclusion to the Trails of Sin books I needed. 

There are so many questions at the end of Buckled that I needed answered. Not of Jarret and Maybe, but of Raina and Lorne. I had only seen Lorne from the outside in the other books, but now we get to see and feel what Lorne went through. 

Raina's life is no walk in the park either. And we get some clarity of why she was there in the first place. I get it. I'm not going to say I liked it, but it was a necessary evil. The hand she was dealt coupled with the "relationship" she had with John Holsten.... just wow. This is one strong, kick@$% woman!

Booted is well written with several twists, but the twists are the explanations we have been waiting for. All the puzzle pieces start to fit together and conclude in one mass chaos event that left me gasping for air! Their love was not normal or conventional, but it worked.

"I hear you."

Just fantastic!

"He smashed my heart against my ribs to make room for his. Now we beat side by side, stretching and growing together in the shared space."











1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks Nevertheless I'm experiencing subject with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting similar rss drawback? Anybody who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx online gambling

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...