Thursday, August 20, 2015

Where We Belong (Alabama Summer #4) ~ J. Daniels






Ben and Mia Kelly can’t seem to catch a break.

Grueling night shift and opposing schedules have left the passionate couple geared up and ready for some much needed alone time. There’s only one thing standing in their way.

Parenthood.

With two curious boys who have mastered the art of cock-blocking roaming the house, Ben and Mia, sexually frustrated beyond reason, quickly resort to surprise sexcapades and naughty little trysts whenever and however they can get them.

Who said anything about keeping things legal?

Assume the position. Things are about to heat up in the south.


Warning: This book is recommended for readers over the age of 18 due to strong language and explicit sexual content.




This is a super sexy-sweet novella that I loved. The topic hits close to home, since I too have a step-son who I love as my own.  I have not had the privilege of reading the Alabama Summer Series, but if this novella is any indication of the struggle and triumph of Mia and Ben’s relationship… Well, I have moved those books to the top of my list.

Mia and Ben’s chemistry is off the charts, yet they struggle with everyday things like most people do; work, kids, family, friends and most importantly, time together as a couple. A lot of the former things can get in the way of the latter things and J. Daniels takes us through Mia and Ben’s struggle with this. It makes them more human and less of a fictional couple.

I didn’t know about Mia and Ben’s back history, but the glimpses I see of Nolan’s birth mom and Nolan’s relationship with Mia, I get how attached Mia is to Nolan and how attached Nolan is to her. That is his mommy in every sense of the word and I am so proud of the way Mia (and Ben too) handle themselves when Nolan’s mom gets out of jail. That’s it. That’s all I’m going to say about that and not give any more spoilers.



Mia and Ben’s love for each other flows off the pages. The chemistry sparks and the sex is off the charts!! Nolan and Chase complete this beautiful family along with all their close friends. I thoroughly enjoyed this novella and only wished I had read the series before I read the novella, but only to know more about these wonderful characters. ::Sigh::







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...