Sunday, February 26, 2017

Cross Checked (Shots On Goal Standalone Series Book 2) ~ Kristen Hope Mazolla



 photo goodreads_zpsoy7n703h.png
 photo Synopsis black scratch_zpst2tpkl6v.png
One accident - a freaking car crash. That’s all it took to send my life into a tailspin.

Little did I know that out of the wreckage, everything would fall into place. I would get everything I had ever worked for.
Little did I know that I would find the woman who would cross check my life, flipping everything upside down.
Even though she's melting the ice that surrounds my heart, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Will I ever be able to find my footing or am I destined to stay pinned against the boards?

 photo Review Black Scratch_zpspsc2gzcp.png  photo 3.5 blue stars_zpswhrirotd.png
Cross Checked does include characters from Hat Trick, the first book of the series, but it can be read as a standalone. We do get glimpses of Brayden and Karla in Hat Trick, so I was anxious to read Cross Checked. I really enjoyed their quick sweet story.

Now it wasn’t always sweet for Brayden or Karla. Brayden had to take care of his sister while Karla was dealing with her own heartbreak at home. The car crash that crippled Brayden’s family also brought Karla into it. Even though they both were interested in each other, other circumstances were in the way. It just wasn’t their time.

Once Brayden and Karla connect, they spark. They have a good relationship and just get each other. Their friendship grows into more and helps each other through the drama. 
 photo Samanthas watercolor heart_zpsmav7weoa.png









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...