Sunday, February 12, 2017

Mack Daddy ~ Penelope Ward




 photo Synopsis black scratch_zpst2tpkl6v.png
They called him Mack Daddy. No, seriously, his name was Mack. Short for Mackenzie.

Thus, the nickname. Perfect, right?
So was he: perfect. The perfect physical male specimen.

At the private school where I taught, Mack Morrison was the only man around in a sea of women.
Everyone wanted a piece of the hot single father of the sweet little boy. I was riddled with jealousy, because they didn’t know that—to me—he was much more.
They didn’t know about our past.
He’d chosen my school for his son on purpose, because Mack and I, we had unfinished business.

As my friend Lorelai so eloquently put it: “Unfinished business between two people who are clearly attracted to each other is like an eternal case of blue balls.” And I was suffering in pain from my case.

I was still intensely attracted to Mack. I tried to resist him, immersing myself further into a relationship with another man just to protect my heart.
Not to mention, getting involved with a parent was strictly against school rules. But seeing Mack day in and day out was breaking me down.

And soon I might be breaking all the rules.

Author's note – Told in alternating points of view, Mack Daddy is a full-length standalone novel

 photo Review Black Scratch_zpspsc2gzcp.png  photo silver BC 5 stars_zpsw1cksajh.png
I loved Frankie and Mack. When Mack brings his son Jonah to the private school that Frankie teaches at you can see the instant sparks. Something happened in their past and it seemed like it did not end well. Mack is super-hot so every single mother wants him and Frankie is trying her best to stay away. She's the quirky, different, nerdy girl that Mack has a history with, but she’s the only woman he trusts with his son.

There are some characters in this book that I wanted to stab with a spoon, a rusty spoon. I mean they are vile, evil people. All I wanted was for Karma to come back and bite them big time. The pain and angst that Frankie and Mack had to go through was heartbreaking. They both had their own issues to work past and then add in these nasty people, I just wanted to hurt them.

I guess that’s why I loved the book so much. There was a ton of emotions in it and the love Frankie and Mack have is the real thing. The drama, hurt, and pain that Frankie, Mack and Jonah had to endure only made their story more special. I read the book in 1 day because I had to know what happened, but I also didn’t want it to end. Sigh. 
 photo Samanthas blueflower_zpsbjgmx2nb.png







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...