Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Entice (Hearts of Stone #2) ~ Veronica Larsen




 photo goodreads_zpsoy7n703h.png

 photo Synopsis_zpshy1vcpnk.png


Turns out I’ve been faking being an adult. 

My job? My apartment? The pretty life I've built? 



Let's just say I've made some mistakes.


I'm knee-deep in the mess I've made when I find him. Tall, dark-haired, and rough around the edges. The boy I never noticed is all grown up, in all the right ways. And he's not about to let me forget it. 

He can try to pretend he's immune to our attraction. I'm trained in the art of persuasion and I love a challenge.

But how can he know the answers to questions I haven't thought to ask? I’ve been putting out fires, fighting like crazy to get my life back on track. And this man? He acts like he knows who's holding the match. 

Maybe there's no such thing as mistakes. 
What if it's all just sabotage?


Can be read as a standalone, but contains major spoilers to Entangle (Hearts of Stone, Book 1).


 photo Review_zpseibjxw6t.png  photo 4 metalsilver stars_zpsrqr9npjs.png
Emily and Owen were destined from the start. Their first true encounter after the prom, doesn’t register in Emily’s mind the same way it does for Owen. Owen gets a beating from Emily’s “boyfriend” after Owen goes to make sure she is ok…Because said boyfriend completely embarrasses her. This causes a lot of resentment when Emily comes back home from her life in San Francisco.

Emily runs in to Owen at his father’s diner while coming in for coffee one morning. Instant sparks.  Unfortunately for Emily, Owens’ sparks are of anger.

 photo Dear john_zpskgq9jktx.gif

Emily has a drink here and there to ease her fears and troubles when she returns from San Francisco. She tells off a client, gets fired, and then blacklisted by her former boss. She been trying to look for a job in San Francisco, but has had no luck. While at her friend’s house with her sister, she finds a job opportunity in her home town.

At first Emily doesn’t want to stay in San Diego, but all the signs, Owen included, are pointing to have her stay. Unfortunately, Emily has developed a drinking problem and doesn’t realize it until she loses Owen. Her stubbornness causes her to kick him out of her house and maybe out of her life.
 photo Emily Entice_zpsksbu3hry.jpg

This is a real story about alcohol and the way life creeps up on you. I enjoyed this story better then the first and you can feel the emotion behind each character. Really well written.
 photo Samanthas Confessions Star_zpssyl4jwjs.png








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...