Monday, May 16, 2016

Crave Me (The Good Ol' Boys #4) ~ M. Robinson






They say in order to find yourself you have to go home. 
What if home was what you were running from? 

Where did that leave you? 

Always on the other side of the fence. 

Always looking in. 

Always wishing you were someone you couldn't be. 

Until one day you meet her. 

The one. 
She was my high, but she was also... 



My demise. 



STANDALONE within a series. This is a Full Length Novel.





I don’t even know where to begin. I mean, this book…..this book hit close to home. Not only did it make me think of a time where I dated an addict and how, in turn, became wrapped up in that world too, but Austin also said things that my husband actually says to me now. It’s just crazy how this story resonated with me.

“Anytime you want to talk about your parents, I’m here to listen. I wish I could have met them, so I could tell them how amazing their daughter is and how much I’m in love with her.”
~Austin

I lost my dad when I was 19 and my mom when I was 21. I was searching for comfort and love since I had just lost my biggest supporters. Austin wasn’t much different. He also felt he didn’t belong and had to prove himself. He, like the other boys, was jealous of the bond Half Pint and Bo had, which just caused him to feel more lost. His using started as fun and partying, but then ran away from him so he could drown his sorrows. And it’s true, at some point you ask yourself, how did it get this bad…..yet, you have no answer. The hardest part is that Austin is a talented, loving, devoted and gorgeous man that had demons bigger than he could initially cope with.

"I need you, baby, I need you like I need fucking air to breath. I'm nothing without you! NOTHING! Please.....just fucking help me!"
~Austin"

I connected with Briggs in a sense that she always had to take care of herself. When she finally meets Austin and the alpha that he is, she relishes in the fact that he wants to take care of her. She can let go and feel safe and loved by someone, especially since she was lacking it from her uncle. She enabled Austin, but truly she didn’t know what was going on in Austin’s head to help him. While she blamed herself, she really couldn’t do anything until Austin was ready to. Briggs is beautiful, sweet, and smart, but often felt helpless and broken since she couldn’t help the one person she loved more than anything.


Austin and Brigg’s story tore my heart to shreds and had me reflecting on my own past. It churned my gut and made my heart ache. There was a lot of angst, but also a lot of love. Seeing certain times in the Good Ol’ Boys’ lives from Austin’s point of view was certainly eye opening and just made me want to hug him more. M’s writing was exceptional, as always, and she was able to tap in to the struggles that an addict has, as well as the struggle their loved ones go through. Absolutely brilliant!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...