Sunday, June 12, 2016

Paradise Found: Cain (Paradise Stories Book 2) ~ L.B. Dunbar






“I hate that I love you,” she said. “You left me.”

“I lost you, there’s a difference. Now that I found you, I intend to keep you.”

Lost.

I’d tasted the sweetest fruit of temptation, and I wanted another bite. I had promised myself before, but once wasn’t enough. The savory flavor of her lingered long after I’d lost her. Contending with the pressure to return to the fight, in order to prove myself to my father and the world, I had to let her go.

Found.


It has been a year. Sofie Vincentia and I had played a dangerous game. For one night, we pretended, only to discover our farce was real. I’d lost her, but I hadn’t stopped searching, hoping for her return. I was used to getting what I wanted, so when she didn’t come to me, I had to go after her. This would be the greatest fight of my life.
 photo 4 metalsilver stars_zpsrqr9npjs.png
This is a great follow up to Paradise Fought: Abel. We got a glimpse of Cain and the burdens he bears in Abel’s story, but in Paradise Found: Cain, we really see the demons he fights. His father, the man he killed, Abel, Sofie… all of them contribute to his burdens.

I really enjoy LB’s writing. The way she is able to take biblical references and turn them in to a modern romance is really impressive. I got hooked right in to the story line and fell for these characters.

The push and pull between Sofie and Cain made me want to throw my kindle. They both want each other, but through a series of misunderstandings and some legal documents, Sofie is super reserved and Cain is ready to do anything to have her back. He feels like he lost her once and never wants to lose her again. Sofie, feels that Cain left her once, what’s stopping him from doing it again. Gah!


I really liked Cain and Sofie. Even though, Cain is supposed to be a snake, I mean he is the Cobra, he has a romantic side and is completely in love with Sofie. Sofie is tougher than she gives herself credit for. I don’t know if I would have been able to hold off this sexy fighter the way she did.  Sigh.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...