Sunday, September 4, 2016

El Diablo (The Devil): The Good Ol' Boys Spin Off ~ M. Robinson







I was ruthless. 

I was feared. 

I had sacrificed. Myself. Her. Everything... 



Living in a world where I was worth more dead than alive was a choice. I was a bad man, never claimed to be anything else. I’ve done things I’m not proud of. Seen things that can’t be unseen. I’ve caused pain that I can’t undo. 

It was all my choice. 

Every decision. 

Every order. 

Right and wrong never mattered. 

Until her. 

She was under my protection, until she became my obsession. 

But who was going to save her... 

From. Me. The devil himself. 

Fate brought us together. Destiny destroyed us. 





This.Book.Is.Everything! Everything I thought Alejandro Martinez would be was completely exceeded. M did an amazing job with this character and his story. I never wanted it to end! Lexi and El Diablo 4-eva!

Alejandro Martinez is an asshole. He’s cruel, mean, a murderer and a criminal. And I just could not help falling for him. Beneath his tough, strong and scary exterior, he’s a man that loves his family with his whole heart. The things he does for his family, while not always resulting the way he wanted, were all done with good intentions….or as revenge, justice and retribution.

Lexi had a terrible beginning. She could only remember a few good things about her mother and we are left wondering, for a while, what made her that way. How could a mother not go on for their child?? Lexi is a beautiful person with big dreams that any parent would be proud of, yet her mother could not pull herself out of her depression. It consumed her. In the end, I think it’s one of the things Lexi ended up hating about her. That and then leaving her with her step-father.

“Knowing right then and there I would have to to break my promise to her. I would have forgiven my mother for anything….. But I would never forgive her for this.”

The coming together of these two is raw, gritty and, well, just HOT! There were several times I needed a cold shower to break through the lust induced haze that Martinez and Lexi created. Their age difference excited me and I loved that M pushed this boundary. Lexi was made for Alejandro, despite their age difference. I could feel their connection though my kindle.

When Alejandro would push her away, just to go back to get her, gave me whiplash. One minute he was hot and then cold.  I understand why, now, but he kept breaking my heart when he would break Lexi’s. I wanted to smack him, but I had to trust him just like Lexi did. El Diablo is one sexy, powerful and extremely smart man. He had a purpose and a plan for everything. We just had to trust in him.



El Diablo by Slidely Slideshow

Gah, I loved this book! The playlist completely compliments Martinez and Lexi’s story. It’s a must while reading. El Diablo is my favorite of M. Robinson’s work. It was raw, gritty, angsty (yes I just made that word up) and powerful! 


 photo Samanthas3Dlips_zps7452bb0d.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...