Thursday, August 25, 2016

RUSH (Montgomery Men Book 1) ~ C.A. Harms






I was running from my husband, a man I thought I’d known. Running from the hell he had put me through.

He’d nearly destroyed the woman I had once been and I would do whatever it took to regain my freedom.


I would lie, and cheat. I would steal if it meant that I never had to go back there.


I’d run and keep running…


But there was one problem. I hadn’t planned for Ashton Montgomery.

He was a distraction I couldn’t allow. Not if I wanted to stay safe. I had to remain distant, but he was relentless and had other ideas.


I caved because I hadn’t thought it all through, not in detail.


If I had I would’ve realized that you can only live in a fantasy world for so long before everything came crashing in around you.

And those lives you’ve destroy along the way, make you no better than the monster you were trying to break free from.


How could I have been so careless? It wasn’t meant to turn out this way. But the Rush of my freedom took control and I forgot how important it was to keep the secret of who I had once been.


And now I had nothing… 


Only the fear that the man I’d run from would find me again, and finish what he started.


I absolutely love C.A. Harms’s stories. I am floored at how creative she is and how many characters her mind thinks up. Rush is another fabulous read and I cannot wait to get more of the Montgomery Men!

I have a soft spot for books about abuse. Whether it’s physical, emotional or mental abuse, I want to cause extreme hurt to those that dish it out. That is unacceptable! What hurts even worse are those that feel that they cannot get out from underneath it. That they “hang in” there for someone else, for their children or that they feel they have no one and nowhere to go. It’s heart breaking.

When Kinsley runs, I could not be more proud. It takes something fierce to pick up and leave everything. No money, no clothes, just up and disappear to get yourself out of a terrible situation. But Kinsley did it and she is stronger because of it. She has had to try to get back the old her that was drained from her by her husband. She doesn’t back down now and I love that sassy quality she has.

Kinsley has met her match when she meets Ashton. Not one to be known for his gentle and kind ways, Ashton is smart, sarcastic and at times, a dick. But he had a soft spot for Kinsley. Or maybe it was more of a “hard” spot, since she didn’t fall into his games right away. She made Aston work for it and deservedly so. She wasn’t like other girls and he was completely head over heels.


Unfortunately, Kinsley’s secrets started to unravel. Things she didn’t want known come out and strain the relationship she and Ashton built. Kinsley begins to live in fear again and the thought of losing Aston destroys her. She wrestles with the thoughts of leaving again and just running. In her eyes, it’s not fair to bring Aston into this, but selfishly, she wants her happily ever after with him.

I can’t describe how much I enjoyed the writing and the story. C.A. does such a great job with the descriptions of her characters and their personalities that you get invested in them right away. She is definitely a go-to author of mine. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...