Sunday, August 14, 2016

Neighbor Dearest ~ Penelope Ward





After getting dumped, the last thing I needed was to move next door to someone who reminded me of my ex-boyfriend, Elec.

Damien was a hotter version of my ex.

The neighbor I’d dubbed “Angry Artist” also had two massive dogs that kept me up with their barking.

He wanted nothing to do with me. Or so I thought until one night I heard laughter coming through an apparent hole in my bedroom wall.

Damien had been listening to all of my phone sessions with my therapist.

The sexy artist next door now knew all of my deepest secrets and insecurities.

We got to talking.

He set me straight with tips to get over my breakup.

He became a good friend, but Damien made it clear that he couldn’t be anything more.

Problem was, I was falling hard for him anyway. And as much as he pushed me away, I knew he felt the same…because his heartbeat didn’t lie.

I thought my heart had been broken by Elec, but it was alive and beating harder than ever for Damien.

I just hoped he wouldn’t shatter it for good.



Damien! The sexy and brooding, jerk of a neighbor. I was so angry with him, before I even knew him. He lets his dog bark at all hours in the morning and then he listened to Chelsea’s therapy appointments through a hole in the wall!! Granted, he was a 100% correct that her phone therapy sessions were a sham, it was super embarrassing for him to listen in to all Chelsea’s insecurities. I felt shy and insecure after all that and I wasn’t in the book.

That being said, the more Chelsea and Damien hung out, the more we could see that he really is a good guy. He’s an amazing artist and ends up coming through for Chelsea at one of her shows, when another artist cancels at the last minute. Not only does Chelsea start to fall for Damien, Damien’s dogs, Dudley and Drewfus, completely fall for Chelsea.



I think Damien is falling for Chelsea as well, but he won’t let himself truly realize it. He’s fighting against something he promised himself he couldn’t have. His secrets that he’s keeping from Chelsea are really holding them back from becoming more. Chelsea realizes she really can’t have what she wants with Damien, so she decides to move. It’s time for her to move on and hope that they can still remain friends.

I was really hoping that Damien would pull his head out of his a*$ and go after Chelsea. Gah! So frustrating, but when we find out why Damien’s been holding back, it completely makes sense. Not that I agree with it, but Damien’s intentions were always good. There’s a lot that can go wrong, but I still think these two would be perfect together.

I really loved Damien and Chelsea’s story. I liked getting a glimpse in to each of their families and to watch their friendship grow. They are truly two great people and their love could be great as well. There was happiness and sadness, some hot sex and an ending that left me emotional. Well done Penelope. Well done.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...