Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Torn ~ C.J. Fallowfield



 photo goodreads_zpsoy7n703h.png

 photo Synopsis black scratch_zpst2tpkl6v.png


Torn - One will break her trust - One will break her heart - One will kill for her. 

When Sky’s parents moved from San Francisco to Boulder City in Nevada, she thought her life was over, until she met the Hudson boys. Two years older than her, tattooed bad boy Nate was confident, cocky, good looking, and a straight talker. He was the unattainable guy that all the girls wanted, but the one their fathers warned them to steer clear of. Josh had all of his brother’s looks, but he was the sweet charmer your mother would beg you to marry. Their cousin Billy lacked the brothers’ good looks, so relied on his quick wit to attract the girls. 

When all three of them set their sights on Sky, they became competitive, and cracks in their close bond began to form. 

Torn between her loyalty to all three, and feelings for one, Sky was faced with a dilemma. 


When she made her decision, she had no idea that her choice would set them all on a path that would tear the group apart. 


Torn is a standalone new adult erotic romance novel, heavy on the angst. Tissues may well be required!
 photo Review Black Scratch_zpspsc2gzcp.png


This story stuck with me days after I finished it. It was moving right along, I was completely falling for the characters, deciding who I thought Sky should choose and then BAM! Plot Twist. Holy Crap, I wasn’t expecting that.

I was Team Nate the whole time. I mean, I understand he had a reputation, but as we learn more about him, like Sky did, you couldn’t help fall for him. He became the man of the house when his father passed away and starting burning the candle at both ends with school, work, baseball and taking care of his brother and mother. He’s a stand up guy that his brother Josh looked up to.

Josh, Josh, Josh…. At first, I felt bad for him. The geeky kid that’s hidden by his brother’s shadow, but as time went on; he started to grow into his own. He starts to take on more responsibility at home and alleviate the pressure from Nate. I because really proud of Josh. He definitely grew into a great man….who still fell for Sky.

Billy, Nate and Josh’s cousin, rubbed me wrong. There was something off about him, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. There were too many things that made me question his intentions with his cousins and Sky. He seemed to use the boys for their generosity, yet at the same time, he would but heads with them. I was not a fan.

Sky frustrated me a bit, by not going with her instinct or her feelings in the first. While I didn’t agree with how she dragged things out, I also understood that she was young and faced with the affection of three guys, when she never had this type of attention before. That being said, Sky has a huge heart and she is great to these boys. She’s smart, sweet and has a great head on her shoulders. She loves with her whole heart.

 photo XoWgDve_zps6sdcjifc.gif


I was definitely on a roller coaster ride, especially that last 45% of the book. The plot twist and turn of events had me floored. The emotions….gah, the emotions. I was smiling one minute, crying the next and then preparing to throw my kindle. Definitely stuck with me days later.  











1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...