Monday, August 15, 2016

Savage Things (Chaos & Ruin #2) ~ Callie Hart







Zeth

At the eye of a violent storm, everything is calm. It’s only when the storm shifts that your life explodes into chaos.

The $#*& is finally about to hit the fan for Zeth. After months of blissful quiet, the wolves are at his door, teeth bared and snarling, baying for blood, and the sinister elements of the Seattle underground are closing in tight. In other words, things are about to get bad. Real fucking bad.

Zeth Mayfair isn’t your average criminal, though.

If the New York mob wants his allegiance, they’re gonna have to force him to submit. If the cops want his ass in chains, they’re gonna have to catch him first.

He’ll kill the wolves. He’ll ride out the storm. He’ll make his enemies suffer. Zeth Mayfair is about to crown himself ruler of the city, and fuck anyone who dares to take on the king.

They will obey, or they will fall.

The choice is theirs.


Sloane

Death is a bitch.

Sloane Romera sees death every day, looks it square in the eye, and she does not flinch. When Mason Reeves brings his little sister into St. Peter’s emergency room, a dark cloud hangs over the kid—one Sloane recognizes all too well. Millie is gravely ill, but it's not too late. Sloane's determined to do everything in her power to help her, regardless of the cost, regardless of how many rules she must break in the process.

Mason’s struck a deal with the devil, though. A deal that has painted a huge target on Sloane’s back. There’s every chance she’ll be dead by morning, and the man she loves might not be able to save her this time.

If there’s one thing Sloane knows, it’s that you can’t cheat death. When the Grim Reaper demands a life, a life must be given. Bargaining won’t work. Begging is futile.

A life for a life.


The debt must be paid in full.

 photo red 5 star_zpswbhohhgy.png
OMG! Why, oh why do I do this to myself?! It’s because I love Zeth Motherfucking Mayfair!!! Gah Callie Hart does it again with another fabulous installment in the Chaos and Ruin series. I just can’t get enough of Zeth and Sloane. And Michael too!

I know Zeth is supposed to be the asshole of all assholes, but he keeps surprising me and I can’t stop loving him. He is a changed man since the first book of the Blood and Roses Series, but I love him even more. He is the Alpha Male personified, but he has his sweet spot for Sloane. Only for Sloane. Always.

 photo 7540027_zpsewgdte7g.gif


Sloane is one bad ass bitch. To be able to work as a doctor, face death, destruction and pain every day, but still want to help others….that takes a special person. On top of that, she’s not afraid of Zeth. Well, she may be afraid of how he’ll react to things and afraid that someone may try to take him from her (kill him), but she’s not afraid to stand up to him. That takes some balls. Balls that some of the men that come in to contact with Zeth just don’t have.

"I know my life changed irrevocably when I met him. That change is burned deep inside my very being - in my mind, in my heart and in my soul." ~ Sloane

Mason....The twists that are happening with this kid, I just can’t even. The burden he bears by taking care of his sister Millie, coupled with the guilt he must feel….Well, I wouldn’t want to be those shoulders. I am hoping he starts to see clearer and not blame himself. I hope that he can find peace in where his life is at. My heart breaks for this kid, but if he pulls out of this mess, he will be that much stronger. He will be a force to be reckoned with.

I could read about these characters forever. And don’t even get me started on Michael. There are some things going on with him that I’m dying to know what they are, but he’s such a closed book. I need more. I cannot wait to read more about them. Zeth, Sloane and Michael are more of a family than they realize. Their love for each other is overwhelming and powerful. I hope, for Mason’s sake, he’s brought in to their fold. They all are going to need each other’s support.


I absolutely loved Savage Things. I cannot wait for the next one and for that matter; I hope I’m not waiting too long. Hint, hint. Callie Hart is definitely a go-to author of mine and Zeth and Sloane will always have a place in my heart. #ZMFM

 photo 13663601_zpsfdgrm0wg.gif

 photo Samanthas Confessions Star_zpssyl4jwjs.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...