Monday, April 30, 2018

Knotted (Trails of Sin Book 1) ~ Pam Godwin





I try to forget her.

It’s impossible.



Growing up together, Conor and I shared all our firsts.

First love, first kiss, first…
Not all our firsts.



We were sixteen the night she was violently assaulted while I helplessly watched.

I’ll never forget the sounds of her suffering.
Or my inconsolable agony when she left Oklahoma.



Years later, she returns to honor our teenage pact.

Except the boy she loved is gone, replaced by a ruthless cattle rancher knotted with secrets.
She doesn’t know my dark cravings or the trails of sin that lead to her.



I don’t deserve her, but one truth remains.

She’s mine.


 I was gutted at chapter three! I saw that this was a new Pam Godwin book about cowboys, so I signed up. But I wasn't expecting to be  destroyed at the beginning of this book. The journey that Jake and Conor takes is emotional and raw. They have to come back from this dark and twisted place and I wasn't sure they would be able to.

Jake and Conor are so amazing together, yet they were completely ripped apart. They were both destroyed by the tragic event when she was sixteen and then again when she left. Jake continues to break Conor and the only hope she had left of them being...well them. She is strong and resilient, yet has her triggers. Jake knows them and knows her, but Conor can't trust Jake anymore after he wrecked her heart. 

Jake is just trying to put everything back together, but he has to hold all his secrets in until the right time. He has to help Conor heal while dealing with their teenage pact. She's guarded, yet still so in love with Jake. The constant "will they," "won't they" reeks havoc on my insides. Completely angsty and dark, yet totally sexy.  UGH! This book was just so amazing and I cannot wait until the next one.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...