Sunday, March 1, 2015

Take (Scars of the Wraiths) ~ Nashoda Rose




 photo SamsBlurb_zps912c084f.png
MAX

Feelings are a luxury I can’t afford. Hidden behind a shield of quiet placidity, I keep my secret safe from those who’d use it against me. Until him—the tatted up, self-centered Scar assassin hired to protect me.

He takes pleasure in tormenting me, chipping away at my defenses as if I’m a toy to be played with. I hate that he continuously reminds me that I’m nothing more than a job. I hate that my body responds to his touch. I hate him.

JASPER

I’m not a good guy and I don’t pretend to be. Condemn me if you want, I don’t give a fuck. You’re nothing to me. No one is … except her—Max. She’s my target. And I was hired to do a hell of a lot more than protect her … I was hired to kill her.
It should’ve been simple, but it was complicated as hell.

Paranormal romance with erotic elements. Full-length novel. Come meet the Scars.

Scars: Immortal warriors with capabilities derived from the senses: Trackers, Sounders, Healers, Tasters, Visionaries, and the rare Reflectors. They each have what is known as an Ink, a tattoo that can be called life.


 photo Take Collage_zpsb94geyin.jpg  photo SamMyReview_zps4e5f832b.png  photo 4bluestars_zps1a55222a.png

4 Scar Stars!!
  
Max and Jasper are completely wrong for each other, but their sexual chemistry is off the charts. They both want each other, but Max doesn't feel and Jasper doesn't care. 

 photo Hot_zpspdul3bji.gif

  Max had to watch her whole Talde, including her mother, be murdered and then be kidnapped by said murderer. She was tortured and broken down to nothing. Luckily she was rescued and has since been on the run from Drake (a Scar Tracker with a dead, but at one time powerful ink).

Jasper is a Scar Sounder and Assassin. He is hired to protect Max, unless Drake is too close to getting her, then Jasper is supposed to kill her. Jasper cares about nothing and no one, except Max. He just can't come to terms with it because of his own demons from his past.

 photo Demons_zpscw19v0fl.gif

Max, being a Scar Healer, has some healing abilities she doesn't want anyone to find out about. So you know that means, everyone finds out and is after her. Jasper is trying to protect her while Max is just tired of running and hiding. She's not afraid anymore and wants to feel again. Jasper makes her feel alive and Max makes Jasper actually care. I'm not giving any spoilers, you'll have to read to see what happens.


**Do not be concerned with the glossary terms at the front. The descriptions within the story put those terms in to context and you are able to follow along.**
 photo Samanthas3Dpurplelips_zpseb45182d.png











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...