Friday, July 17, 2015

Slate (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #2) ~ Kelly Gendron







"Some boys will keep it, some will break it, and some boys, they just won't want it. You gotta be careful who you give your heart to..." Slate Declan


First loves, we all got them. Mine is Slate Declan. He was kind, gentle, and caring. Still, he managed to break my heart. So I put miles between us, and eventually, my heart healed. 



I haven’t seen Slate in years, but a couple friends and I are going back to the Bayou for the summer. While I’m visiting my hometown, I’m going to look up Slate Declan. And I plan to break his heart, just as he did mine. I'll remind him of what he has lost, and then I'll prove to him that I’ve moved on. 



It should be real easy, right?



Well, let me tell you, Slate Declan is not the same guy that I left behind. And there’s another problem. How do you break someone’s heart when they no longer have one?


Slate….. poor damaged, but oh so sexy Slate. He’s such a great man and everyone loves him. But he can’t love himself. Ever since the fire that burned his grandma’s shop to the ground he hasn’t been the same. After nearly a year in the hospital and several months of rehab, pain killers were all that would kill the pain. So now he fights for the rush and the pain. When the pain comes, he takes the meds. It becomes his vicious cycle.

 photo MMA Fighting_zpslkphwcbh.gif

Rayna has always loved Slate. At first, it was as the best friend that kids have, but then developed in to more. They became inseparable, up until Rayna was offered a position in Michigan. She wanted to stay with Slate, until she found another woman in his bed. She up and left the next day. This summer trip is the first time she has been home to the Bayou since.



When Rayna sees her Slate damaged and broken, she locks them in to the basement for 3 days. She is going to help Slate kick his addiction and give him a fresh start. The chemistry between these two is off the charts. With talks of spankings and hard rough sex, these three days are beyond intense. I wanted them to continue to give their relationship a shot after the three days, but Slate didn’t know if Rayna was staying and Rayna wasn’t sure if Slate would stay clean.







I Love the Declan Brothers!! Cannot Wait for Zeke!!

 photo Samanthas Confessions Heart and Rose_zpsxv1fgsrz.png













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...