Monday, July 25, 2016

Match Point ~ Leigh Carmen






Two stubborn men.

One is a rude jerk. The other, the life of the party.

It was hate at first sight.

Pro beach volleyball players Finn Callahan and Dexter Savage have been rivals since college. While Finn always comes out on top on the court, Dexter’s carefree and fun-loving personality earns him scores of adoring men and women. And as much as Finn fights to deny it, there’s another reason for the tension he feels when Dex is around. Hate wasn’t the only thing he felt when he first laid eyes on his opponent.

When they’re forced to team up, the two men must bury their differences—on and off the court—if either of them is going to succeed professionally.



I know Leigh Carmen hints at this in the blurb, but these two men are so flipping stubborn. They both are so head strong that either they are going to sexual combust or punch each other in the face. I know I’m getting a head of myself, but I just had to put that out there.

I really enjoyed this M/M romance. I mean one man in denial and the other suffering from a tragedy, they have to team up and overcome their hatred. Or is it really hatred? There are some things in the past that come to light that make me feel some of the hatred was self-induced. But I don’t want to give too much away, so I will just leave it at that.

I love Dex’s personality. He’s loveable, fun and personable. That is until you speak to him about his finances and contracts. He gets paranoid and we can see where his workaholic mind frame comes in to play. I couldn’t stand Finn at first, but as I read on, I could see why he has that bitter, tough guy exterior.  He really is a good guy, but he had his own demons to face.


Match point was really well written and I couldn’t put it down. The sex scenes were just down right HOT!! Whew! The only thing I was frustrated with was how much these two fought each other. While I get why they were both frustrated with each other and themselves, I think a lot of that could have been solved with communication. But we all know how hard it is for guys to open up. I am super happy with how things ended and I am looking forward to the next book in the series. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...